Noooo, Not Skymall!

I know this is days old news by now. But what AM I going to do the next time I'm bored on the plane and just want to look at pictures while saving ereader/cell phone battery power?!

Here's a fact that was news to me...not the USB cufflinks part - in the quote part:

SkyMall parent company files for bankruptcy, CEO blames electronic devices

Goodbye USB cuff links, goodbye child-sized spacesuit, goodbye compression socks.

Megan Geuss, Ars Technica, Jan 23, 2015

"As a result, airlines have been less willing to buy SkyMall magazines for their seatback pockets."

I had no idea airlines were paying for Skymall. But I will admit to having read it every single time I traveled, because there was always weirdness in there.

In fact I love Skymall so much that I never travel without an mp3 of what I now think of as my Air Travel Theme Song. The video is fan produced (translation: not great visually) - but it's the quickest way to embed:

Youtube: Skymall by Jonathan Coulton

JoCopedia: Skymall (with mp3 link)

Random lyric: "I bought a pair of bonsai trees
I bought a big fake rock where I can hide my keys... from everyone"

[Random link - Coulton critiques this song.]

Actually the reason I have to travel with an mp3 of this song is because whenever I see the word Skymall it pops into my head. For me it's an insidious earworm. It probably won't effect you the same way. But I am now incapable of not humming it to myself when I read Skymall - unless I can listen to it on my headphones.

If you enjoy this sort of goofiness, here are a couple of other links to check out. I bumped into these because the fan made vids used Warcraft visuals (I was a one time Wow addict - I still use Diablo3, but I'm trying to cut down). (Quality of the vids - well, they're from back in the 2004-2006ish zone. Just saying.)

Youtube: Creepy Doll

Youtube: Skullcrusher Mountain

I'll just share lyrics from that last one then I'll make myself stop!

"I made this half-pony, half-monkey monster to please you
But I get the feeling that you don't like it
What's with all the screaming?
You like monkeys, you like ponies
Maybe you don't like monsters so much
Maybe I used too many monkeys
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?"