The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman A baby is orphaned and adopted by a cemetery full of ghosts. I was on board for this story with just that much information. While I feel that there are some weaknesses in the story here and there, on the whole I couldn't help but enjoy it. Especially the parts of the book in the cemetery, where Bod is learning from the knowledge of the talkative ghosts and the gravestones themselves. I loved the idea that the stones were a sort of address plate and that each tomb was a household. I also loved that the ghosts and other...nonhumans in the book were very much not monstrous - though of course some look somewhat monsterish. And these aren't your usual monsters all cute'd up and prettified - horrible things do happen, and not everything turns out all sunshine and roses. Is the ending really an ending? Well, it very much is the end of this story. And while some may feel it needs a "what happened next" - it really doesn't. It's the same end we see when any character moves on from childhood - which makes sense, and especially so in this book's world. Plus the fact that the book has set up the idea that there really is never an ending - here existence continues after death in a way.Other authors might have the ending as a heading off into a series of books - why, oh why, must everything end up as a series in fiction these days? Sometimes it's ok to just end a story! - But I'm ok with Gaiman either leaving this one where it ends or picking it up again later. I say that last part because Gaiman has always seemed very good about only running with a story when he has one to tell. And I could sense during the scenes in the cemetery that not only does he love graveyards too, but had a great time imagining a life lived there.Annoyingly everything I looked at quoting seems a bit spoilerish, or fun only in context with the parts you've just read. So for those wanting a taste of it I'd just advise looking online and reading the sample and then seeing if you want more from there. Meanwhile I'm pretty certain that I'll be reading parts of this again.