Dear Everyone in the UK,

A Very British Murder: The Story of a National Obsession - Lucy Worsley The Courtiers: Splendor and Intrigue in the Georgian Court at Kensington Palace - Lucy Worsley

Random reasons I'm jealous of you - you can nip over to the bookstore and pick up Lucy Worsley's A Very British Murder: The Story of a National Obsession (Amazon UK page to read the synopsis) and find out whether it's as fun as it sounds. You can also tune in to the BBC Four and watch Harlots, Housewives and Heroines: A 17th Century History for Girls.

Meanwhile at least I can watch Worsley's series Fit to Rule: How Royal Illness Changed History, thanks to this YouTube account (Mad Man in a Box) that's uploaded most of the series. (Check out Fit to Rule: Bad Blood, Stuarts to Hanoverians to see if you'll want to watch the rest. That's the one I started with. Near the end you get to see George IV's corset in a really fun display where it hangs in midair while Worsley walks around it.) (Other tv series Worsley's done are in her wikipedia page.) And I'm ashamed to say I haven't finished the book of hers I do own: Courtiers: The Secret History of the Georgian Court.

Oh but I do envy you politely, Everyone-in-the-UK. Please continue producing those interesting television documentaries/history programs, because the US certainly isn't churning out a deluge of them. It's probably due to all the ghosts and yetis (I'm never sure of the plural of Bigfoot) we have living in the US that fascinate us so.

Sincerely,

Why-Am-I-Complaining-I-Already-Have-More-To-Read/Watch-Than-the-Day-Has-Hours-Obviously-I'm-Quite-Befuddled

PS. I think this is part of Harlots, Housewives and Heroines! (YouTube link)

PSS. In case you want to watch more, here're links that work currently for Lucy Worrsley documentaries on youtube:

Harlots, Housewives and Heroines:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

A Very British Murder: links for 3 episodes here.